Friday, December 23, 2005

C-I-L

There is an Eddie Murphy skit from SNL that keeps ringing through my head. I think he was making fun of Mr. Rogers neighborhood. He's saying "Kill my landlord. Kill my landlord. C-I-L my landlord."

My MIL has decided that she has "too much to do" and isn't coming today, even though she had plans to make bread and buckeyes (peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate) with my two children today. They are disappointed as well as wired and tired. My DH, on the heels of 5 day out-of-town convention that included last weekend, has to work all weekend. Wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't the one who makes the schedule AND he scheduled himself to work last Christmas day too.

The house is a mess, there's baking to be done, gifts to wrap, grocery list to make, dog to wash AND me to bathe. Where's the joy?

C-I-L my family.

At least the Christmas cards are in the mail.

2 comments:

Amy Rio-Anderson/Running Rio said...

My advice - lots and lots of wine and who cares what ya'll eat?

restless said...

No trouble heeding that advice. Better than murder.