Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mustache Quandary

I don't have a problem with some extra hair. I frequently let my arm pit and leg hair grow "out", mostly out of laziness. I wouldn't consider myself vain. I don't wear make-up that often but I prefer to keep the facial hair to minimum. Mustaches aren't generally considered attractive on women.

I used to bleach my mustache but dark or light, a mustache is still a mustache, so I began plucking, occasionally. Chalk it up to hormones but over the last several years the intervals between plucks have shortened; now the mustache hairs are coming on like Homer Simpson's beard. I pluck them. They reappear, quickly. And more coarse. At this rate, I will soon be tickling my husband with my stubble instead of my tongue.(If you just took a dive into the gutter, come back up because I'm talking about kissing.)

Guess I'm going to have to go the waxing route until I can cough up some money for electrolysis and get this permanently removed.

3 comments:

Amy Rio-Anderson/Running Rio said...

waxing's really not that bad a thing (at least on the face)

restless said...

Do tell. Where else have you been waxed? Do you NADS your hair or go to a salon?

Amy Rio-Anderson/Running Rio said...

Salon - because I'm a wimp and event though I penny-pinch, there are some things worth buying. And only the face. But if you spend almost 6 months wearing "the boot," you don't need to worry about waxing or shaving!