Monday, November 28, 2005

1985

My just turned six year old likes the song 1985. I'm not sure who sings it but I'm guessing that some day 10 years from now they'll have a segment on VH1's one hit wonder groups. Anyway, it's hilarious to hear his him sing his interpretation of the song.

He sings "Cici, Madonna, way before your mama there was tu tu and Blondie and shu shu shu shu she TV" when actually it's "Springsteen, Madonna, way before Nirvana there was U2 and Blondie and music still on MTV."

He's been asking me what does cici sing? It's Springsteen, i say. Pink Cadillac.

When I was in high school I had a girlfriend who thought Billy Idol's song, Eyes Without A Face, was Hows About A Date? No joke.

Everyone gets the words mixed up on a song at some point in their singing to the radio career. What was yours?

3 comments:

restless said...

Thanks Laurie for the heads up on BFS. Too much time spent listening to NPR, Stephanie Miller and oldies on my ipod to stay up on the latest in tunes.

Amy Rio-Anderson/Running Rio said...

BFS has also just done a cover of "Melt with You." Makes me bananas when Sonny Boy things that remake is better than the original and then messes up the words because he can't understand BFS! Corky - if you're around - I know you like Melt with You! (and i think of your cell phone whenever I hear that song now!)

Another plus for country music - one can usually understand the words.

Edgy Mama said...

My little sister used to sing, "Lord, I was born a rambling man. Trying to made a lemonade and doing the best I can..."