Thursday, March 15, 2007

Enjoy the Ride

Here are my boys just before heading off to school for Wacky Hair Day. Things are pretty steady at my parenting gig, so I'm just enjoying the ride, as I know there will eventually be a bump in the road ahead. I just don't know when and where, so I try to live in the moment. Trite, I know, but it's a good place to be.

I recently realized I have stopped expecting the school to call and ask me to come and get my wild child. It's evident he's getting more sleep- he's cooperative instead of combative, he's grown since his surgery, the growth hormone must have kicked in, and he's really accelerated his reading. Big Exhale!

Now if I could only get the dopey dog to cooperate.

1 comment:

Amy Rio-Anderson/Running Rio said...

don't know if it's a fair trade to have a teenager 4 years earlier than you, just 'cause you have already been 40 for six months :)

and isn't it the dog who's always the kicker? got rid of all three kids and the wild dog for two days - camping with another family. I have to work, but that might be a better option than being cold out in the woods with chaos surrounding. probably a toss up

did you see Nadal/Roddick Sat? Impressive display